Yesterday we announced that Quirrel, the project i’ve been working on for the past couple of months, was acquired by Netlify.
I’m joining as a Software Engineer to work on Netlify Functions, which is super exciting. I want to move forward how we developer for the modern web, and Netlify is the best place to do so.
The news are happening across a couple of places. I’ll use this post as a collection of links, so I don’t forget about all of this greatness:
- TechCrunch: Netlify acquires Quirrel
- Netlify Blog: Quirrel Joins Netlify and Scheduled Functions Launches in Beta
- Quirrel Blog: Quirrel is acquired! And I am joining Netlify
- Quirrel Docs: Netlify Acquisition FAQ
- Press Release: Netlify Anounces Acquisition of Quirrel to Extend Serverless Functions Capabilities
Today is the day - @Netlify acquired Quirrel, and I’m joining as a software engineer!— Simon Knott (@skn0tt) February 1, 2022
I’m excited to move forward how we build for the modern web!
We're also launching Scheduled Functions: cron jobs, re-imagined for Netlify.https://t.co/pCDxPQyq0w
Couldn't be more excited to have @skn0tt join up with us.— Matt Biilmann (@biilmann) February 1, 2022
Scheduled Functions has been one of the big asks from our community, and the developer experience for the feature we launched today has benefitted a ton from Simon's experience with Quirrel.
Welcome to the team! https://t.co/cCVZCyVPnD